Wednesday, July 10, 2013

An actual, full-length book!

I read an actual book! I read From The Dust Returned by Ray Bradbury. It's been sitting on my to-read shelf for ages, and I finally decided to pick it up. Ray Bradbury is one of my favorite authors, and he tells an excellent story. The book is a little disjointed, because different parts were written at different times and then joined together later. Bradbury started the story in 1946 and finished it in 2000, which is kind of funny considering her wrote Fahrenheit 451 in a week. This book is about a very peculiar family, which is loosely based on Bradbury's family. It's a great Halloween story, and would probably be even better read again and again.

I'm glad I finally read this book! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes fantasy stories, and definitely suggest reading it around Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment