Saturday, August 31, 2013

Almost halfway done with books!

I finished reading book #12! It was The Boleyn Inheritance by Phillipa Gregory. I had actually started reading another book, The Other Queen, before realizing that they were different parts of the same series. I think each book can be read on it's own, but I'd read the first two books in the series and wanted to continue in order. So I read the third book in the series, which I enjoyed quite a lot. It was narrated by three different women, alternating chapters. That made the book very interesting, and allowed for the reader to be almost all-seeing without an omnipresent narrator. Of course the books are historical fiction, and knowing what happens to Henry VIII's wives means that the ending of the book is no surprise. Even so, the book was very well written, and I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment