Sunday, July 28, 2013

Finally done with another book...

The amount of time it takes me to finish a book has more to do with how much I like it than the actual difficulty.

It took almost a week for me to finish Anna and the French Kiss. It's an easy read, but I had a really difficult time getting into it. About halfway through I started to care about the characters, and just wanted to know how things would end up. The story is super cheesy- I guessed most of the major plot points very early on. There was really only one "plot twist" in my opinion, and it fizzled out by the end and became a nonissue.

I just felt like everything came together too neatly, and everyone lived happily ever after. In real life, people I know who have gone through similar situations of having a boy leave his girlfriend for them, have ended up with the boy leaving them for the next girl. I don't know. Maybe I'm just too old and cynical to read young adult fiction, and there were a few parts I enjoyed. But I was right in assuming that this was not my kind of book.

No comments:

Post a Comment